Terms & Conditions
Dagenham & Redbridge FC - Spectators ‘Code of Conduct’
The health and safety of everyone attending Chigwell Construction Stadium is always our top priority. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Stadium, but you should be aware that certain restrictions still apply at this time. Please take the time to read the following information to ensure you are fully informed before travelling to the stadium.
Please be aware that your entry into the ground is conditional on your agreement to abide by the contents of this Code of Conduct.
1. The Club are required to obtain the details of all persons attending the match. You should supply your own details (name and contact number), together with those of any persons you are obtaining tickets for, when purchasing the ticket. You should not pass your ticket to anyone else.
2. Plan your journey in advance and arrive at the stadium in plenty of time – check any advice of arrival times expected for you, which is issued at the time of purchasing your ticket(s). Normal entry points might be closed and additional Stadium entry procedures may be in place.
3. You must do all you can to observe social distancing at all times, including on the way to and from the match. If travelling by public transport, please make sure you are complying with government guidelines.
4. Most importantly, you are responsible for your own health. Act in ways that protect your health and the health of others and avoid acting in a way that might risk the health of fellow supporters or Club staff. You must not attend if suffering from COVID-19 symptoms, are feeling unwell, or if you’ve been in close contact recently with anyone who has tested positive or is experiencing symptoms. This includes, but is not limited to, a temperature of 37.5 degrees or above, a new continuous cough, a loss of sense of taste or smell. In the event you develop COVID-19 symptoms whilst at the Stadium, please notify the nearest member of Club staff immediately.
5. On arrival at the ground please be aware that social distancing and other safety measures will be in operation. Follow all Club signage, instructions and guidance issued by stewards and/or Club personnel. Please observe social distancing requirements whilst queuing to enter the stadium.
6. On entry you will be asked to check in using the NHS track and trace app if you have that loaded on your mobile phone. This will speed up your entry.
7. You may be searched and your temperature may be taken before you enter the stadium. Avoid bringing large bags into the stadium and only do so if absolutely necessary, to avoid slowing down the stadium entry process.
8. Juniors (under 16s) must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Stewards will request any children or young people moving around the ground return to the adult in charge of them.
Inside the stadium
9. Any supporter aged 11 or over MUST wear a face covering when entering or moving around the ground and when queuing for or using the toilets, concourses and refreshment areas. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering under Government guidelines, you do not have to wear one. You may wish to use one of the Government resources to demonstrate this applies to you.
You may also email email@example.com with information regarding your exemption in order that stewards can be made aware.
Additionally, we would recommend wearing a face covering at all other times, but they are not compulsory when sitting / standing in the stands / terraces.
10. At all times please observe social distancing and avoid close contact with others not in your social bubble. Upon entering the stadium please pay close attention to signage, floor markings and instructions issued by stewards or via the club’s PA system, this will help get you where you need to be in the most efficient way.
11. You must only sit in the seat allocated to you on your ticket or, if standing, remain in your respective area – do not move to any other location even if there are other members of your household present. We encourage all fans to stay in your seats as much as possible throughout the duration of the game.
12. If you do need to leave your seat or area, wait until the area is as clear as possible before doing so. Remember to wear your face covering. If passing other supporters in the seating rows, please avoid face to face contact.
13. If you wish to purchase food and soft drinks in the stadium, remember to wear your face covering. Please enter the queue as directed by stewards and maintain social distancing whilst waiting to be served. Once you have made your purchase please return directly to your seat or standing area to allow for easier movement around the concourse. Always remain in your designated location where possible. Do not share food or drink with anybody.
14. When using toilet facilities, please follow all guidance. Be patient and considerate towards other users and wait your turn to avoid toilets areas becoming crowded. Where possible, try to avoid peak times (such as half-time and the end of the game). Maintain good hand hygiene at all times around the stadium – use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face or handles and railings whenever possible.
15. We all hope we’ll be celebrating a goal but please remember to maintain safe distances to other supporters not in your social bubble and be respectful and mindful to those around you whose individual circumstances may differ from your own.
16. If at any point during the match you are unable to avoid touching the match ball if it is kicked out of play and into the stands, please refrain from throwing it directly back on to the pitch. A member of staff will collect the ball in order to sanitise it.
17. In the event you develop COVID-19 symptoms whilst at the stadium, please notify the nearest member of staff immediately so they can follow the correct health and safety protocol.
After the match (There will be additional guidance issued regarding any end of season presentations).
18. Please be ultra patient when leaving the stadium and listen to the advice from stewards. In most cases you will only be permitted to leave upon the direction of a steward to ensure staggered exits across the stadium footprint and thus mitigate any risk. It will take longer than normal to leave due to these procedures.
19. Do not approach any of the Club’s or visiting Cub’s players or coaching staff at any time, as players and staff will not be able to sign autographs or pose for photographs.
20. Please follow instructions from stewards and club staff at all times. Particularly during pre-match, half time and after the final whistle.
You are reminded that Ground Regulations applicable to all games still apply. These, and the Covid Code of Conduct are in place to assist to make your time at the ground as safe as possible for you and those around you
Anyone not complying to this Code of Conduct, is jeopardising their own health as well as that of fellow spectators and staff. For that reason, any breaches of the code will be dealt with in the strongest possible terms.
Thank you for your support and full co-operation. Stay alert, follow these guidelines and help us all enjoy your attendance as safely as possible under the circumstances.
Tony Payne. Covid Officer, DRFC 13th May 2021